View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 12:20 PM
FDXAV8R
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: 757 Capt

6 year contract plus it will take 2-3 years minimum to get another contract. I think it will be closer to 10 years than 7 years. Record profits, new aircraft, growth, pilot shortage, new efficiencies from optimization, and our failures in past contracts (like giving up city purity, accepted fares failures) I refuse to accept another contract extension. I demand a contract with real pay and quality of life improvements. Do what you want but I'm not falling for them calling the back pay they owe me a bonus plus another contract extension enough. Uncap retirement, 5 more years of service to age 65--how about another week of vacation, how about up to 30 years of service for our multiplier. Plus a 10% pay raise is a mere cost of living raise, I need at least 15% to even think about voting yes. Plus I want better work rules, better deadhead rules, better accepted fares and improved protection for trips and reasonable reserve rules. I like my job, but I am seeing management erode it gradually right beneath my feet. It is time for me to make a stand. I hope other crewmembers will not just listen to Union and their road show sales pitches. Don't sell me, just tell me and I'll make up my own mind.