Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 02:37 PM
gonyon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by Dr Pepper View Post
DFW lines have been going downhill lately. Almost all are 14-16 days off with 2 leg redeyes in the middle and 1-2 weekends off. Turn lines have virtually been eliminated (only 2 for September) and are very senior. The guy that builds the schedules bids #1 so there is always one line in DFW that is the best in the system with conflicts on both sides and high days off.

Spirit has not been growing DFW for quite some time so it is becoming very senior on the FO side and frankly with Southwest doing their thing at LUV it doesnt look like it will grow much anytime soon. As far as upgrade time goes I would plan around 2021 or beyond. Anyone hired today is looking at senior FO or bottom CA as a career expectation. Of course that could change with another airplane order but I wouldnt plan my career based on an imaginary order that is at least 6+ years away. We have a ton of young Captains so assuming we get a decent contract relatively quickly most movement will come from people coming in behind you with negligable upward movement.

Spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk