View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 06:53 PM
Bumper
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by steins View Post
Hi. I got my choice down to those two school's professional pilot program. I am looking for current students in those two programs who can help me with some info.

Both programs are very expensive. I am more inclined towards FlightSafety.

For FlightSaftety Academy, my main concern
1) I heard there are only ~80 instructors handling 400 students, I am not sure if it is rumor or not but are students have difficulty scheduling?
2) Their total hours after graduation is terrible.. Multi 68hs and Single 122.4hs, 16.5hs on FRASCA, 10hs on PCATD

For Aerosim,
1) Compare to FlightSfaety, they do not have PPL MEL and their instrument rating is done on a single engine aircraft.
2) They do seem to have more instructors ~120 for roughly the same amount of students
3) Their hour is Multi 41.8hs Single 153.9hs and AATD: 5hs, FTD: 26.1hs, MFTD: 8.2hs
4) They only offer refunds if your progress is <40% complete

I guess my main concern is still whether it is true that students in FlightSafety find it hard to find instructors to schedule. Could some current or recently graduated students give me some hint?

Also how much on top of the program cost should I put my budget? I was recommended at 20%. But apparently FlightSafety's PPL only has 35hs included. How much are graduated students of both school actually spent to go through this program on average?

Thank you!
I would pass on both.. get as many rating at your local FBO with a good instructor. The big box schools are over priced and over rated. In the end I don't think it really matters where you got your private or other ratings. You need those ratings to get a job to build time that makes you employable for the better jobs