View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 10:53 AM
TheBaron Deux
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Counting down the bid packs

Originally Posted by GetRealDude View Post
TBD
I've detailed plenty on "things I don't like about the TA" thread.
Read the TA from cover to cover first.
Originally Posted by GetRealDude
Default A summary of the CONCESSIONARY TA NONSENSE
Everyone needs to read this deal cover to cover to see just how anemic and concessionary it truly is for the pilots. Productivity and financial gains for the company are many.

Please educate yourself. If this is passed, we'll have to live with it for the next 6-10years. That's a long time to get beat up (QOL) with no recourse.

BIG ISSUES:
- no increase in A Plan High 5 (degradation in benefits year after year)
- pathetic B Plan bumps (1% DOS the wait four years for added 1%)
- no cash over cap provision for B fund + 401k limits (big issue here)
- hourly rates insultingly too low (Minimum $300/CH WB Capt DOS)
- annual increases to pay also too low (should be 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 annually)
- retro payout is pathetic based on delays (RUFKM?)
- healthcare premium increase (significant and change annually)

- 6 week bid months (might be good for the SIG but a HUGE problem) - see TonyC breakdown on page 10 of this thread)
- vacation negatively affected by 6-week bid periods
- CRS no real time trip trading improvements
- CRS can still move R days w/o approval (but you get a 3 CH bump)
- CRS can still extend you in the field w/o approval
- CRS can throw you on a Company J/S practically at will
- CRS manipulation of open time with ghost ASBY/HSBY not fixed
- Higher % of bidpack will be VTO (this is mini-PBS)
- no resolution to our sick leave doctors note BS harassment grievance

- the loss of hotel room on a 4 hour hub turn
- no increase in vacation and sick leave credit per day
- no increase to the base housing allowance for the FDAs
- the Dash 8 400 deal in EUR is BS
- loss of first class DH when lie flat business class is available
- 767 Company DH (Jumpseat to Europe - say it ain't so)
- 18 hour deviation check-in reqmt (intercontinental)
- Pilot pays for each deviation booking fee up to $25 each time (BS)
- loss of hotel in lieu of DH (bad deal here)
- scope concerns (6 week bid period clause, TNT deal)
- POP is gone with bidding for ITU.

This list falls short of the MANY areas of concern and manipulation found in this deal. But it hits a lot of important areas to consider (QOL) and total compensation.

Who votes YES on this TA?:
Anyone looking at retirement from DOS + 6 years (plus the crowd that's just tired and weary from extended negotiations). Get your anemic pay raise, your signing bonus, and your DSA money and run with it. FYIGM. Typical FDX pilot view from the past. But, many will vote YES because they are afraid we won't be able to make substantive changes later. The delay in that process is lost income while we wait. Time value of money.

Who should vote NO on this TA?:
Pretty much anyone else that actually reads this POS deal. The reality is more complicated. NMB says they will never release us. It takes 3 to tango - FDX, NMB, ALPA. Two of the three aren't interested in talking anymore. Could be a tough road to follow I'll admit.

Scared? Nope, I ain't skeered. I've waited this long for a deal that acknowledges our collective contribution to this company. This ain't it. The money I've spent on dues alone doesn't even meet the offset of the signing bonus after taxes. You and I paid for this deal.

Delta saw a POS deal and kicked it back, made the MEC and NC changes and are moving forward. We shall see. At least give them credit for having the stones to call a spade a spade. At a minimum if we vote this down, we need to thank the current NC for their efforts and replace them. Burning down the house isn't required. Those guys need a break anyway.

Peak will get very interesting if we vote the TA down.
No job action required whatsoever - that would of course be illegal.
We're significantly undermanned to met the demands of current and peak flying.
Company has made some significant miscalculations in retirement planning and hiring.
Let the chips fall where they may.

Not sure this FDX pilot group will ever stand up for what we have earned and deserve.
No indication from past actions that I've seen since the first ever CBA.
Is this the post you were referencing? Anything in red is flat out wrong. Maybe you need to reread the contract from front to back. Most of your other points aren't concessions, they are just ares where some, too little, or no improvements were made. No increase to the A fund is not a concession; A 26% pay increase is certainly not a concession; A 2% bump in the B fund is not a concession; Signing bonus...that I will say is a concession.
That is why I asked you to make your argument for a "no" vote using some valid contract points and not just your misunderstanding of some contract points.