View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 01:00 PM
FDX1
Contract 2021

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: 777 - Both

Wow...are you kidding me. You guys are doing a magnificent job of tearing into anyone and everyone that disagrees with your position. From ****ing on the NC for presenting the TA, to dumping on pilots that are going to actually vote yes.

Do you really want to cast stones at the NC or MEC for pressing this out to everyone for a vote? The NC has worked on this deal for more than 4 years, giving up personal time, sitting behind a desk, or in a conference room, giving their best effort to fulfill the wide ranging desires of 4100+ pilots.

Now you want to shoot them in the head and say they are "selling you" the TA. News flash...this is their work product they believe it's worth your professional consideration as it upholds the cornerstone issues that have been polled. You are pointing your ridicule in the wrong direction...try the folks on the other side of the table.

Remember those guys? The ones that brought you PBS, Sick Leave enhancements, tried to steal your A Plan, kept you out on a 16 hour duty day for one T-storm in MEM, extended you over your kids graduation, called you in for jumpseating into a trip to remove you and then extended your buddy in the field to jumpseat on Company Aircraft to back-fill a crew that went fatigued in the field, dragged out a good faith interim deal with a front about FAR 117 that they were trying to get carved out of, slowed hiring down in an effort to save money only to find their prognostications to be way off.

You get the drift...step back, take a breather, let your brothers and sisters that are doing the same job as you make a decision on their own terms.

Let the NC and the MEC present you with the details, the numbers, and give them your questions. Let them finish their job. I am impressed at the effort and the extent that has gone on to provide us with the TA, TA Questions, videos, Webcasts, Roadshows, and phone calls.

Don't like what your hearing?...Fine, vote no and move on. Don't throw your fellow pilots under the bus while your doing it. Whether they're doing ALPA work, instructing, or just flying the line. Makes no difference, we all come back to the same contract rules at the end of the day and are impacted by the contract equally.

Have you found an APC for FedEx Managers or negotiators yet where they sit back and take public pot shots at each other for the world to read? Nope...neither have I. Why, because its just plan stupid and tears at the fabric of what brings us together- and "they" are loving every minute of it.

I have never been so disappointed in our group of pilots as I have been since this TA has come out and it has nothing to do with the TA. It has everything to do with the personal and confrontational attacks that continue to spew venom at each other in a self fulfilling prophecy of "we get what we deserve".

This decision calls on everyone to weigh the facts and cast a vote. It demands your attention, it deserves your consideration because that is what the majority of the MEC voted for. What it doesn't need is your unprofessional, callous attacks on your fellow pilots whom you will stand, side-by-side with, if this TA tanks.

At the end of the day, whatever the FDX pilots chose to do, I will back it up and support that decision to move forward constructively. This is a Donal Trump moment and you will either hold the process and people hostage because you may lose, or you will accept the outcome and make the best of it either way.

In other words, I'll have your back and be onboard, however this goes down.

What about you?