Thread: Atp In Florida
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 06:07 PM
nealsapilot
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2006

don't know much about atp's programs. ATP and many, many more schools are developing these types of programs...and why? Yes, they do attract me too, but think about it... this is how these schools are making there $$ moola. Some transition training programs are set up so that you never even set foot in a real airplane. Its all done in simulator and classroom. Don't take this for fact.. but, these schools are prob making great profits from these programs because they have less overhead of operating real aircraft.

Don't get me wrong simulator time is a great way of learning things safely, however, you get what you pay for. These schools really push these programs and this is why i think why.

I do beleive a program such as the Crj orientation and FMS program would definetly help an individual with an interview, but there are other alternatives than forking out the cash.

You could buy a couple of books about Crj's and FMS systems. Read and outline them. You could do this in less time than atp and under 50 dollars. Heck... you might as well then develop your own FMS training program and start your own business

good luck