View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 10:48 PM
ERJ Driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: ERJ CA
Default UAL Application mess???

Hey, anyone out there having trouble figuring out how UAL wants flight experience recorded? I am open to the real possibility that I am retarded... (Being that I fly for Mesa and all don't help none in that category... )

The (revised) instructions are here

The problem I face is at the top of the page where they emphatically instruct applicants to "Report only the PIC/SIC time since you received your commercial certificate or military wings."

I decided to just list 121 experience since I only have a couple hundred hours in 1-bangers and maybe 20 in 2-bangers after the commercial license, and yet got this email today (I added the bold area in P2):
==================================
Thank you for submitting your application for the Pilot position with United Airlines. We are presently reviewing all candidate credentials for our pilot openings. In doing so, we have discovered an inconsistency in how candidates have recorded flight time on the second portion of the application. Therefore, we would like you to review the new Instructions for Recording Flight Time posted on www.united.com/pilot.

Please take the time to review the edited instructions and resubmit your assessment (flight time, experience and education) even if you believe you interpreted the instructions correctly during your initial application. Please fill out an online assessment questionnaire as soon as possible.

We thank you for your interest in United Airlines.

Best regards,
Human Resources Department
United Airlines

===============================

What gets me is that the second part they talk about there is quick-pick style (0-999, 1000-2000 etc etc), so how could there be inconsistencies? Does not compute.

Seems like just a bunch of stupid busy-work anyhow. Why care about subtracting-out a couple hundred hours in a gosh-darned C-150? WTF... over.

Gosh, I'm fired even before I got interviewed!!! If there are any other peeps out there havin' trouble, lemme know.