View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 05:30 PM
FirstClass
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by 80knts View Post
I would most likely just be doing online advertising
No need, just post here (unless thats what you meant). Also, ask someone here to print out a few fliers to post in the crew room. A good crashpad is always in demand.

Not that this is required, but in my mind, the #1 thing that would set you apart from everyone else is if there is anyway for your tenants to get to your crashpad without having to own a car there.

IE- I doubt they can walk from the airport, but could they take a train or a bus? Would a cab be really cheap? Would Uber be really cheap? And you will have even better luck opening one where hotels are really expensive.

Your competition is going to be hotels with really good crew rates. For example, if I can stay a single night in a hotel that charges less than $40 per night including all taxes and fees, has transportation to and from the airport, and also includes a free breakfast, and I don't have to worry about sheets on the bed or other people in the rooms snoring etc.. its a good deal in my mind even if I'm using it 10 times per month.

I don't know about ATL but I can tell you in NYC there is no way you are finding a hotel for less than $100 per night. Locations like that would make a crashpad profitable.