Old 09-24-2015, 06:56 AM
Dan64456
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by BeechBus View Post
Interesting and thanks for posting.

I found a YouTube video of what I believe is this CAD test. How does this work? Are you supposed to follow the box on the screen with a finger or verbalize the colors as the box moves?

The costs associated with this look fairly high. I believe they FAA would be pushing more AMEs out of the business. Nothing has changed since this recommendation almost 2.5 years ago, so have you seen anywhere else the FAA is adopting this as the new policy?

The accepted risk comment is interesting too. I'm curious what the NTSB is thinking.
CAD test- no need to name any colors.. You hold a controller with 4 buttons at each corner. You press the button that coincides with the direction the colored box went. It gets more and more faint as the test goes on, and adapts to your responses.

About the powerpoint:
They reposted this presentation somewhere in 2014, slightly revised.. no real differences though.. I don't remember where that one went, but they probably fixed a few things just to clean up the presentation. The latest rage is the DNA based color vision testing. This probably a decade off, but they think they can tell exactly the type and severity of your inherited color vision deficiency.. Prob won't see any of this come into play for a long time however, but who knows. Even so they still will probably have the OCVT/MFT. The letter of evidence you get for passing is grandfathered either way.

NTSB is just justifying their existence (funding) during their downtime.