Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 02:52 PM
MATEN308
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by WelcomeToBen View Post
Thanks for the clarification. Sounds like it's just as horrible as I originally thought. Unfortunately, I think most of our pilots are unaware of just how awful our LTD policy is until they actually have to use it.
No problem. The pilot group would probably be better served by looking to Harvey Watt and paying our own way on LTD and getting a wage bump. Some of the tax liabilities will be avoided, and we would have a bit more control of the terms. Only problem as pilots we are cheap and will say nope to having pay our own way. Also to anyone out when you return you will pay in arrears your half of the insurance premiums you were unable to pay during that 9 months.

Oh one thing I may be wrong on is the $5000 and $10000 cap. In my case my wage was at 5k a month approximately before taxes so 3k was my payout. Maybe someone who was making more can elaborate on their experience if they like wasting their time reading this stuff! Haha. That is about all I have from my experience with our LTD. Hope this helped.