Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 10:38 AM
Rainbows
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: Low paid Airbus gear slinger

Originally Posted by JoeyMeatballs View Post
Im willing to bet SWA guys probably average somewhere around 4 days off between pairings, and I doubt they have back to back 3-days, or a 4-day, followed by a 2-day. They also have some pretty rock solid trip rigs......................................and their hourly rate is significantly higher than ours.

I hit conflicts every month, and im the first one to say sell it, it requires sacrificing the entire month. Take the "cost" and put it into the rates or something that benefits all of us
Im sure SWA guys get four days off, but they could certainly get lines where they only get two days off or one day off between pairings. They don't have a guarantee of four days off between pairings. I really don't know what they have, I know we have four days off, line bidding and transition conflict and those items are irreplaceable. We get rid of those items for a higher pay rate, we might as well all move on to another airline. Scope, LTD, merger protection are all important, but nothing can replace those three important qol items. Anything that touches any of those three items, its a no vote for me. A NO vote that I will work strenuously and tirelessly to try to influence other pilots to vote NO on as well. As far as I'm concerned, those three items are not touchable and are not on the table.