Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 03:02 PM
Rainbows
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: Low paid Airbus gear slinger

SWA isn't quite the same as all the other majors, you should know that. I wouldn't want any part of SWA, if I did, I'd apply there. Even so, you're right about the contract studying part. The union sent out a comparison if you remember. Scope? Important, but no more important than anything else. Delta, United, American, even JetBlue, have given up some form of scope, their pilots are still employed and are well paid. I'm NOT advocating giving up scope. Far from it. And LTD, important, yes, but it DOESNT affect every single pilot like pay, retirement, and our important qol rules do. I ain't saying LTD doesn't need improvement, but no improvement to scope or LTD isn't going to necessarily make me vote no, no improvement to pay & retirment or loss of our qol rules will. Think about it, if the only improvements to our next contract was scope and LTD would you vote yes? I doubt it. Vote NO? I bet you would. If the only changes to the contract were in pay & retirement, everything else remaining the same, what would your vote be?

Last edited by Rainbows; 10-03-2015 at 03:18 PM.