Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 04:02 PM
putzin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by Qotsaautopilot View Post
I've said before without massive improvements in both scope and ltd I will vote no. Period.

You say every other airline has given scope and they are still employed which is true but how has their career progression been affected by those scope gives? Massively is the answer and there is a huge dollar amount to that and many were furloughed when they otherwise wouldn't have been even when havoc hit the industry. I'm not saying our jobs will be taken over by rjs but I have given multiple scenarios of how our non existent codeshare language could effectively kill seniority progression for spirit pilots. Your progression is based on growth not retirements and if that growth stops so do you. If they can (one day) grow profitably through codeshare they will and not only will all seniority progression stop but you then have little leverage to negotiate better compensation because they effectively don't need you and you only exist in stagnated limbo because of our current no furlough codesharing clause.

Why do you think southwest management is looking for a major codeshare give in their scope? It's too important to ignore.

Hey, ignorance is bliss and I can't tell the future but insuring against it could prove to be priceless one day.

Please, feel free to continue your blissful journey. You've been warned.
Again, SPOT ON!