View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Starbucks
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

Originally Posted by Shockley View Post
Going to start a new thread here regarding WheelsUp/GAMA. I know that there is a lot of information on here about the company, but it is largely buried within the posts. Because the site does not have a profile on the operation yet, perhaps the hive can consolidate what to expect about flying there.

Any thoughts?

Medical, Dental, Vision?
401(k)/retirement?
Per diem?
Hotels?
Duty times?
Travel to/from the aircraft?
Base parking?
Morale?
Expenses?
Crew meals?
Training? Days on or off?
Vacation?
Tipping?
Company paid medical and dental benefits - Really nice deal.

401K after 60 days. I can't remember what the match is.

$59 per day per diem. $65 if you land in the Bahamas or Canada at any
point.

Usually some sort of Hilton brand . Marriott and IHG are sprinkled in occasionally. Usually no problems with crap hotels.

Duty Times - Whenever they want you. 14 hour limit per day of course.

You get to the plane one way or another on day 1. Rental car or airline to it. Almost always going to fly at a very minimum a position leg that day. They let you know and arrange the travel the night before. On your last day it's a toss up. You could work all day then get home late. Or sit around on standby and catch an afternoon flight home.

Base parking. Not paid. Most people usually park at a Signature or something. They usually don't care and take you to the terminal and back.

Morale - Not the best. Schedule change coming up should help. Some other stuff that needs to be dealt with. New bases and schedule change helped me a lot this year with my morale...

Expenses - You have a company credit card. Reconcile it online at the end of the week.

Crew Meals - They are never offered. Ever. You have to look at your day and determine if you need one. If ops agrees (they've never denied me) - you get one somewhere and it will cost you $10. (Petty IMO considering how hard you work some days...)

Training - always "ON" days. You may have to adjust your schedule a day or two for them to fit it in.

Vacation - going to be one eight day period per year. This aligns with the 8 on 6 off.

Tipping - $5 per day max reimbursed unless special circumstances. Not counting transportation tips (such as an $80 cab ride or something) Overall - obviously not enough...