View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 07:48 AM
PurpleToolBox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by 727574drvr View Post
Well everyone probably knows that Amazon was the first company to be authorized to fly commercial drones, but what you don't know is that they are flying two B-767's and within the next two years are planning to be the world's' largest overnight parcel delivery service. Yes that includes FedEx and UPS. I know this to be a FACT not a rumor. I work for them .
No you weren't. BP was.

Press Release ? FAA Approves First Commercial UAS Flights over Land

While I welcome competition as it is good for the economy, flying 767s remotely or by autonomously will be extremely risky. The Department of Defense who has more drones/UAVs than any other operator by far has crashed an extremely high percentage of those machines. Removing the pilot from the cockpit and placing them on the ground introduces incredible infrastructure challenges and risk and isn't a reality in today's airspace and airports. Removing the pilot and have them fly autonomously, impossible today.

Your CEO is wasting money venturing in areas which isn't the company's forte. This has proved disastrous to many companies throughout history. I wish ya'll the best of luck.