View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 08:12 PM
undsioux1
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: CRJ CA

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
Hey guys, it seems I may have an interview for next month. If I'm hired, I'll try to see if I can get a early-to-mid September class date with Pinnacle.

My home is close to DTW, and I would love that so I can be homebased.

With the three bases, DTW, MSP, and MEM, I'm not concerned and am relatively sure I can get DTW immediately (or worse case, after a couple months).

My biggest concern is the new base for the CR9.

Apparently, it's suppose to be a west coast base.

Is there any word as to when they will allow pilots to pick the new base?

As a new hire, can I get stuck at the new base, and still try to bid back to DTW?

That questions hinges on whether or not the CR9 and the CRJ200 pilots will be the same for bidding purposes.

If, indeed, the CR9 is different for bidding purporses, and I get the new base, then that will mean I'm stuck for a loooong time.

If I take a class date mid September (assuming I'm hired), do I get to bid for a base immediately?

If so, when do I find out my base assignment?

Or do they wait until you finish the sim to let you bid for your base?

If I start September, finishing up sim would be around November/December, which is right when the CR9s start coming on line.

Let me know what you Pinnacle folks think. Thank you!

As of right now, you will have no problem holding DTW as a base. Everybody in my class got their first choice of base, and that included 5 or 6 MSP FOs. At the time I put my bid in, the most openings were in DTW. In my class all three bases were relatively open. In the class that started two weeks before mine MSP and DTW were open, but not too many spots in MEM. It all just depends when you get your bid in. We bid for base the second day of class so it is pretty quick. You should find out within a week or two whether or not you got it.

As far as the Delta base, your guess is as good as anybodys. I have heard from most instructors that the 900 flying will go senior, except if LAX is the new base. But if they choose ATL or whereever I've heard it will go very senior which means you may not be able to hold it. Its not a problem for me, i plan on staying on the NW side pending finishing training and all that jazz. Hope this helps.