View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 07:54 PM
Drum
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: 3+ hour sit in the ATL

Conditional offer from XJT.

I've read the thread, very "spirited" at times, and have a few questions for the XJT folks.

When do you pick the type aircraft? Is that prior to training, as I assume they have to determine this prior to training location (ERJ = IAH, CRJ = ATL). Wasn't clear in the brief at the interview. I remember they asked us sometime during the initial briefing, via a show of hands, who was interested in ERJ and who was interested in CRJ. Not sure if that amounted to anything.

Assume I pick CRJ, the bids for base then occur during training correct? If so at what point during training? Piggy back on that, what about model (-2/-7/-9) does that happen same time? Or is it on an as needed basis?

Yes, we know reserve awaits the new hire. Where can a new hire get gouge on crash pads? Does XJT have some network to tap into to get the lowdown?

My home is in TPA, that is why I'm asking. I understand commuting to reserve is not optimal, but doable. What do the majority of dudes/dudettes on reserve do if they are commuters? Crash pad, or something else (e.g. best way to go about commuting)?

Thread is informative on the bidding for reserve (if their is such a thing, excuse my ignorance I'm new to 121 ops). My goal (background is ex-mil fighter guy with 3K + of turbine PIC) is to maximize my hours within regs (and not to upset the status quo). How would one go about that? Not trying to put cart before horse, I still have to get through initial successfully. But any info you can offer would be great. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Drum; 10-27-2015 at 08:11 PM.