View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 07:46 PM
PDTpilotXX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011
Position: DHC-8 100/300

Originally Posted by acebaxter View Post
Any pilot that bases a career decision on a message board amazes me.

Captain year one pay $92/hr, 60 hour guarantee/28 day period. First Officers $57/hr.
Medical, dental, 401k with 50% match to 8%, paid time off.
Lower 48 schedule 18/12 and home based. Tickets to and from work on the first and last day of your 18 days of work. Per diem $1.85/hr starts and ends at your house. Minimum 10.5 hours free of duty every day. Accomodations provided while you are at work.

Alaska based crews bid a schedule and are in their own bed every night. If the aircraft is broken write it up, no harm no foul.

Training for the turbojets is a minimum of 8 simulator sessions in a level C or D simulator. No such equipment exists for the DC-6 so that training is completed in the aircraft.

Never furloughed. Never a late paycheck. Got a problem? Walk into the owners office and hash it out.

Yes, it can be hard work but you can sure do worse out there. I hope you are as well off where you are.

Jim
Excellent post. Thank you for the accurate information.

Edit* I'd like to add that I've worked at a few small places before my current employer and the 2 that you could easily, without appointment, walk in and settle an issue with the OWNER were the best jobs I ever had. Takes a lot of respect on both sides of the desk to make that happen