View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 11:06 PM
whalesurfer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Question Why?

Originally Posted by Commando View Post
I assure you, the IPA in not in envy. UPS owes the IPA $80,000 to $100,000 grand in back pay. Not some lame $35K. And we surely are not envious of the Pay Rates which are 10% low.

Now we are wishing for your DHeading Policy. But the idiot who wrote this article has no clue.
Commando - I don't get your attitude, why do you continuously bash FDX guys & gals? Every GMM meeting I've attended made me believe Bob T & his team want the exact opposite from us, to work with our brothers & sisters over there.

Sure, the timing of their TA and the vote isn't helping us but so what? It's their company and their contract. Don't forget that some 43% of them voted against their new contract so stop lumping them all together..
Bob won't even discuss other airlines' TAs and contracts because it's like comparing apples & oranges. Some things we have are better here and some things they have are better over there.

You say you wish we all worked together but in the same thread you poke fun at them by saying "Let IPA lead the way" (or something like that?)...
Why? Please explain, maybe I'm misunderstanding? I've read some of your comments that I totally agreed with and thought were excellent. ..but this?

So while their contract isn't great - (all my friends over there voted no but they're all junior; 10 years or less on property) - I know for a fact that none of my junior friends over there had ever been furloughed from FDX, they all commute on their own airline with ease (getting bumped is very rare), none of them had ever flown with a new-hire über-captain, (4 for me in the last 6 months or so), etc., etc. I still think we have it better overall because of our union and how we help each other out. The MOU, or paying for our furloughees health insurance, Christmas collections, the almost unanimous open-time ban enforcement, etc., etc, made me very proud of our group.

Yes, I'm proud of our group and think and hope we'll get a great contract. However, I'm sick & tired of picking on pilots who're working for a different airline. It makes no sense!
Do it in your crashpad while drinking beer with your purple buddies, not on an online forum where management types salivate at the idea of our groups hating each other. We can do much better and you know it..

...oh, and get some underwear for crying out loud!