View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 07:34 PM
SVA402
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2008

Hey good question. You'll get a lot of negativity from people that aren't from around here unfortunately. Born and raised in the area, traveled a lot and moved away for a lot of my time building. Back now and happy to be here. Yes there are political issues but nothing near as bad as California. Cost of living too close to downtown or SEA is awful. However once you get out away (45 minute drive or more) it is much better. A big "pilot community" similar to peach tree city is "Gig Harbor." It's a nice area because the housing is much more affordable and it's quiet but not too far away from work. Good school and such as well. I fly with guys that live out east in like the Maple Valley area but it's still more expensive there. I suppose it all depends on your preferred lifestyle. Our country is changing and I'm not happy with our local politics but it has yet to directly affect me too much. And the farther you get from downtown Seattle the better it gets. If you like outdoors (kayaking, boating, skiing, fishing, hiking, etc), this is a wonderful place to live with all of those things within a reasonable distance. If you don't care about those and living next to the water and mountains I would probably look elsewhere. If you have any more specific questions feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to answer anything I can for you on specific areas or anything like that. I hope you decide to at least look into the area more, it's a great place. Again, don't listen to the negative nellies.