View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 06:32 AM
emb145
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011

Originally Posted by FlameNSky View Post
Simply put, the flow is NOT contingent on new hires. Envoy will continue to flow and will shrink to whatever size that pilot retention and attraction allows. If we get 40 new hires a month, expect to see upgrades to be 300 - 360 a year as a one to one replacement for flows and even a little growth. The more new hires we get will result in more flying and more upgrades. I believe that Doug Parker's plan for envoy has always been for it to be a 1500 pilot company. If we have more pilot than that, great, but he doesn't see a recruitment problem until we approach that target. I believe that it will be at that time that we will start to see endeavor style bonuses as a recruitment tool.

I think that contractual gains by the Republic pilots is great but if Bedford does file for bankruptcy, the pilots there could still be in a bad position. I think that as the pilot "shortage" deepens, we will see Doug Parker more apt to pay out financial incentives to the wholly owned companies before he will pay more to contractor companies like Republic. This protects AAG assets and makes it easier for him to remove those costs when he no longer feels they are necessary.
Not contingent on new hires until Envoy gets the pilot corps to the point where they are at or near mins to staff Envoy's aircraft.

Previously, Envoy management had about 130 aircraft in the plans. This may have changed a bit due to the slow transfer of the CRJ's to PSA. If PSA can't staff, then Envoy keeps the CRJ's even longer bringing the total Envoy frames over 130 eventually. Also, some of the 140's are staying through 2016 that would have gone away. The total hull loss in 2016 from the 2015 fleet number is 4. It was much more in the original plan. These numbers also include the 175's coming in throughout 2016.

Management likely has a backup plan in place that forecasts staffing for 140 to 150 aircraft which would require 1600 to 1700 total pilots. After the pilot ranks reach that number, the flow is absolutely contingent on new hires.