View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 02:31 PM
RyanP
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011

Originally Posted by emb145 View Post
From Envoy 3rd Quarter Q&A:

Q. What are your projections for pilot flow specifically in regards to Envoy?
A. We anticipate approximately 200-300 pilots will flow through from Envoy to American in 2016, depending on American’s capacity needs and hiring requirements.

I thought the flow was going to be 375 for 2016. Knowing AAG, I'm sure they will likely be on the lower side of this estimate. What's up with the 375 Cuj?
It's because everybody is giving us different information. I think there was 3 different numbers given out now.

Isom Announced 750 in the October crew news video. Which 50% would be 375, meterable down to 360 at 30/month

The one you have shows 200-300 flows

Below says 700, which would be 350 for Envoy:
In this week's 'Arrivals' newsletter:

Q What are future pilot hiring projections?
A Jim Thomas, MD,Flight Training & Standards

Our plan is to hire approximately 700 pilots next year and hope to continue hiring at least the same number for several years. This hiring is a result of many factors, including the addition of our new A350 fleet, our planned international growth, and the fact that a lot of our pilots are approaching the FAA’s mandatory pilot retirement age of 65. About half of our new hire pilots come to us via flow-through agreements with our wholly owned regional carriers. The remainder consists of pilots who return to American as a result of cancelling their deferral from furlough and those who come from the large pool of qualified applicants.