View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 07:54 AM
FlameNSky
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2010

Originally Posted by tinman1 View Post
That may be the case for some, but I personally know of several pilots recently hired at the WOs who aren't eligible or otherwise not hire-able at the major level. Yeah, that is why I said "MOST" and not "ALL" Did your degree include an English class? Examples include no college degree, closeted skeletons, and even the Captain who got fired from my company for taxiing an RJ into a 757. THAT guy is at PSA now, and will flow to AA no questions asked. Scary but it is what it is. I suppose that means you are not applying at AA then.

My point is there are plenty of pilots at the WOs who HAVE to have the flow to move on. It is not something that is "nice to have in my back pocket", but absolutely required for them to have any hope of making it to a legacy. That is a pretty weak point. Yes there are a few but they are in the minority for sure. You do realize that Delta is the only Major airline that requires a degree, right? The WOs don't have as much leverage as you think. Time will tell...Just look at some of the folks hired at PSA over the past two years. Those are your futures bros at mainline. A flow would be nice, but personally I'd rather move up to a company that only hires those who work hard and network their asses off. Whatever helps you sleep at night champ.

Some of the biggest nutjobs I have flown with have been highly qualified former military. Here is a good example of that.