View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 10:07 AM
RyanP
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011

Originally Posted by emb145 View Post

Hopefully you have apps in at the Big 3, Alaska, Jetblue, Spirit, Virgin, etc. I wouldn't sit around Envoy waiting on the big flow if any of the above call.
Most do, but have become much pickier than they would be without the flow.

I am a CA outside the 824 and now have completely crossed off the list Jetblue, Spirit and Virgin recently, and Especially Frontier where it could take me 7-8 years just to get back to my current hourly rate. They use to all be on my list of actively sought after but not anymore as things grow closer, with the flow working as it has been it would be a huge financial mistake long term to go to one of those places. Not saying they aren't better than here, because they are (well except Frontier if you are a current Captain already).

Most people I know here are in the same boat now. Junior FOs sure, they can go anywhere.. but 6-10+ years of seniority here? Getting to be a lot tougher decision to go LCC if that isn't what you want long term, with big flow numbers looming.. Most people 10+ years of seniority are 90% waiting on AA Flow, or half heartedly seeking the big 3 only, plus a few that really want SWA/ALASKA..

Last edited by RyanP; 11-11-2015 at 10:17 AM.