Thread: Empire airlines
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 12:18 PM
CaptainCarl
I'm a man of my word.

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Devil's Advocate

Okay, so what info are you offering? So far all you've said is Empire pilots are not looking to advance their careers, have no ambition, don't want to be appreciated for their work, and only want to drag the industry down. Let's get some perspective, one topic at a time:
Career advancement: In the past six months, I've seen Empire pilots get hired at Alaska Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Omni Air Int'l, Northern Air Cargo, Atlas Air, a corporate flight dept., Envoy, Skywest, and Compass. That's just what I've witnessed. Careers don't die here.
Ambition: See above. Plus, with all the free time, most guys here are experts in their hobbies, which *gasp* they have TIME for
Appreciation: The birthday card, Thanksgiving turkey, Christmas card, and anniversary presents are a nice touch. In fact, there's a wall of appreciation at HQ for the employees who've been here the longest. If that's not a sign of appreciation, I don't know what is.
Industry Standards: It's better than most regionals. QOL is high and pay is moderate. In fact, Empire's pay is 27% higher than MACs first year. Define "isn't much more."