View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 06:51 AM
hamfisted
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Default Show me the openers!!

I have mentioned this on other threads but wanted to reiterate it as a standalone thread to see if I'm making something out of nothing or if you guys think there is validity to my concern.
First, the Company AND the Union come out together(queasy feelings already) and tell us "this is the best we can get". Then we get an admonishment by our new lead ACP on this website that we are a bunch of anonymous malcontents(guilty!) who should be thankful we are getting an enhancement to our "industry-leading contract"....and oh by the way, tell me who you turds are.
The company AND the Union then give us their concerted dog and pony show in the AOC again telling us that "this is the best we can get" and let's "wait until the next contract for enhancements".But when we start voting and a public forum like this communicates to the Company that this vote on the LOA is heading south faster than our confidence in our MEC.....VOILA....a quick pen and ink change to what we had been told was "their final offer".
A lot of my concerns would be addressed if the Union and the Company did one simple thing.......SHOW ME THE OPENERS!
How else will I know that OUR Union has aggressively tried to address this terrible excuse for an LOA?? I still believe since none of the NC or Union leadership ever thought this LOA would impact them; they failed to AGGRESSIVELY address it's shortcomings. And hey, anybody want to give me odds on whether DW runs for a National ALPA office soon........
OK gang...flame away!!