View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 10:22 AM
RedeyeAV8r
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by A300_Driver View Post
I think we can all agree that would be a plus, as long as he doesn't allow the company to hose us over in order to get there!
The problem is this LOA is a ridiculous step backwards for our pilot group (other than this magical hidden Strategic Scope clause the MEC/NC is solely concerned with).

I don't see this LOA as a step backwards, because the company can do it now. If anyone thinks the current CBA language is better, they still have that option under the LOA with the addition of Tax equalization.

The RLA language concerning FDA's is what the UNION wanted 2 contracts ago but couldn't get. Many people don't seem concerned with SCOPE. While I certainly don't claim to be an expert, I know that most ALPA contracts like to have stong SCOPE language to protect ALL their flying. Look at what has happened to NWA, USAir, DAL and UAL. They all were forced to give up most of their domestic scope language in BK courts and have lost a significant amount of their Domestic flying to the regionals forever! They will never get it back!

While our SCOPE language concerning extra territoral flying outside our borders is vastly more complex and "Iffy" in the US courts,
I fel any language we can get to define the flying as "OURS" is extremely important and should not be taken lightly. Is this language a step backwards? Our ALPA RLA attornies apparently don't think so, and niether do I.

Now while I agree and have previously stated so, the Housing allowance is LOW, but again it is more than we currently have.

The STV clause is what seems to have most folks up in arms. The Recent FCIF just clarifed and allieviated my fear of being forced there for 90 days. Being forced there for a month isn't the end of the world. Quite frankly with the month limit, it will probably go more senior similar to SIBA and there won't be too many involuntary inversions IMHO.

Is this A GIANT step forward...............NOT!
but it is hardly a step backwards.

Last edited by RedeyeAV8r; 07-25-2007 at 10:33 AM.