View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 06:22 PM
jimf15e
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Default Email from United re: availability date

I just received an interesting email from United via airlineapps. The subject line stated "Your availability for employment". The text started off by saying that they've reviewed my application and found me very competitive. They said they would like to begin my selection process but my availability date is too far in the future (August 2017). It then said to email them directly when I'm within 6 months, at which point they will "begin our interview process". I'd be happy to post the text of the email if anyone is interested.

I've been lurking for a while and have heard of he TBNT email, the fix it email, and others but haven't read about anyone receiving one of these email. Does anyone have any familiarity with this? I'm wondering how long it's good for. My assumption is since they know my current availability date, I'm guessing (as of now) I could conceivably wait until 6 months prior to that? Yes, I know this is far from a guarantee and anything can happen between now and then.

As background, I'm a mil guy and an AF reservist currently on a non-flying 3 year AGR tour - the August date is the end of my AGR order. Thanks for any help and advice anyone can provide!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk