Old 12-14-2015, 04:57 PM
Blackwing
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: ERJ CA

Originally Posted by Name User View Post
The Costco bag fits in the overhead, but lacks external pockets which turned me off to it and also requires a Costco membership which adds to the cost.
Not sure which Costco bag you have, but mine doesn't even come close to fitting in a CRJ overhead. Maybe if you don't pack much and leave the front pockets completely empty. I tend to overpack a bit, which is compounded by the fact that I lose a third of the available space in my bag to the stupid CPAP machine I have to haul around with me (thanks, FAA!). I'm seriously considering getting one of those 26" "international" LW bags just to get that space back.

Originally Posted by Name User View Post
DC's work well for a headset or you can do what I did, buy a cheap Telex 750 off eBay and use rubber Howard Leight earplugs. Quiet, light, and cheap.
I tried this, couldn't get enough volume out of the radios or intercom. Even tried it with Surefire Sonic Defenders with the caps out (my go-to hearing protection when jumpseating), still no dice. I'm planning on using a chunk of my signing bonus on a new headset. Probably be either the DC Pro-X or the Bose QC15/UFlyMike combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk