View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 12:30 AM
NoSidNoStar
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by Jetjok View Post
I'm wondering if driving my personal vehicle for Amazon, or any other commercial company, for that matter, requires me to hold a drivers license other than my standard drivers license. As well, I don't know for sure, but would suspect that I'd be required to let my car insurance company know that I was using my vehicle for commercial purposes. Then there's the background check that I'd most certainly have to go through, along with the workers compensation issues of a company hiring me to deliver large and small packages. The list must go on and on. Again, I'm not up to speed on any of this stuff, but would bet that it's going to be a big headache for Amazon, or any other company, who expects to have a multitude of independent contractors, delivering products for them. Then, when Amazon has all these drivers delivering for them, what happens when all the drivers decide that they're not paid sufficiently? Unionization may be next. Who knows, but it sure will be fun watching a whole new industry trying to break into the marketplace.
You would wonder the same things about UBER, but their drivers don't have any of that. It's considered a private club, that's how they bypass all those requirements. Amazon could do the same thing.