Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 10:07 PM
ShyGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by thevagabond View Post
Yes they do. I once missed one when I arrived a half hour before departure. But that certainly doesn't make them tools. It makes them early with a plane full of pleased and contented passengers. What would have been toolish would have been me complaining about it on APC. On another note, I don't believe the story about the RJ pilot and the stolen deposits. Many things tripping my BS alarms.
Was this directed at me? The situation you mention with Alaska isn't the same thing. If they closed 30 prior and pushed 25 prior, then more power to them for getting all the confirmed passengers to their destinations sooner / early. Here, the gate agent closed the boarding door 20 early. The jetbridge was still hooked up. The plane didn't push 20 early. Or 15 early, or even 10. The plane pushed with an official out time of 7 early. This is hardly noteworthy for leaving early, this is pretty much standard/on time. Like I said, if I got to the gate and the plane was pushing back 15 early, more power to them. The difference is refusing to process a jumpseater when the airplane clearly wasn't going out early, and there was still time to do so.