Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 09:51 AM
ShyGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by CheapTrick View Post
Sorry you didn't get on. It is likely that everyone scheduled was on the aircraft early. As soon as the last peep is on that agent closed it out. Perhaps they were trying to push early. But my main point is that they aren't going to open the process back up after close out. Not for a jumpseater. The agents whole world revolves around getting that flight closed out on time. An early closeout is preferred and opening the process back up can only go bad for them.

I'm sure you know all this and still won't agree. But they are under job pressure that you are not. Their goals are not your goals. When there is a conflict, your goals will usually lose. Better luck next time and good luck finding a base that doesn't require a jumpseat ride.
Yeah, thanks, 717A. Btw, I had a Compass E70A one time when I ran up to the gate just 10 prior, the gate agent said they were closed, so I just went to the window and the E70A saw me. She made a hand motion signal, and I made a gesture to my watch and shrugged. She came up and got the agent to list me and told him we wouldn't leave until I was on. The flight still pushed on time.

Now I'm not expecting every single "A" to do that but just as you said 'I'm sure you know' I'm also sure you know that you have the power to do this too. You the A run your ship, not some gate agent. Of course I don't blame the pilots in this particular case. Had they seen me through the window I've no doubt one would have come up and gotten me on. Maybe except you

No worries, I've been in the industry just enough to always be professional, smile, and just take the next flight. Still doesn't mean a pilot won't complain on APC