Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 03:07 PM
cardiomd
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Seat: Vegan friendly faux leather

Originally Posted by busdriver12 View Post
I nominate the male flight attendant on my Alaska airlines deadhead today. After the landing, which was a little harder than usual but just fine, in wind and rain, and lower visibility wx, he made his PA. He started with a loud, long sigh. Then he said, "Well after THAT landing, we're here". And finished his speech while the passengers were laughing. It was really rude, aggravated me, and made me think of how glad I am not to have to deal with flight attendants. I wanted to tell him what a douche he was, but didn't see him upon exiting.

I will probably send Alaska a complaint, however I don't know if that does any good. It was really condescending and disrespectful.
Obviously I wasn't there, but pax in the back don't mind, and might actually like it. That sounds like just a bit of levity. I have been in back when the captain / FO himself has said something similar after a hard landing, something like "we wanted to wake you all up for the arrival" and people start laughing. I would not take it seriously.

If a nurse lightly 'disses me in front of people, as long as people laugh and it is not serious, I don't mind. I'm in charge, and my ego is not fragile.

Don't complain unless the FA did other things wrong too or was actually disrespectful or mean-spirited.