Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Turbosina
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Guppy Gear Slinger

Originally Posted by busdriver12 View Post
Turbosina, that irritates me to no end, just thinking about it. I've flown into SNA a number of times, and at FedEx, we just smack it on because it's a short freaking runway. Nobody apologizes, nobody explains, but we don't have obnoxious dumba$$es making cracks about it.
Yeah, it was a pretty obnoxious comment. Usually I enjoy interacting with most passengers, aside from the ones who come out with the following comments while boarding. Since RJ cockpits are very close to the main cabin door, we get to hear probably more inane chatter during boarding than you mainline guys.

• "Is this the plane? Oh my GOD it's so SMALL!" (note: deadheading in the back of a DAL 757 I once heard a passenger say this upon boarding. What do they expect, hourly A380 service to Dubuque?

• "Hey, you guys aren't drunk or anything, are you?" (This is inevitably said by a male passenger sticking his head into the cockpit on boarding.)

• "I want to look at the pilots to see if they got enough sleep last night." (True story. Verbatim quote. Female passenger to FA during boarding. It was all I could do not to slump in my seat and start snoring loudly.)

• "Hey guys, I got a bunch of hours on Microsoft Flight Sim, so if you need any help, I'll be in 11A!" (Heard this three times now.)

But by FAR the one that got me the most angry was the following: A couple weeks after the Germanwings crash, I'm in the crew hotel in MEM waiting for the van. Two people with bags are waiting in the lobby for the same van. The husband turns to me and says "Are you a first officer?", to which I reply "Yes." And he says, "Well, I hope you're not depressed today."

Nitwits.