Old 01-12-2016, 08:17 PM
bedrock
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: ERJ, CA

From the simple standpoint of economic theory, I would agree that everything is about to come tumbling down, but I thought that back in 2009. Whenever a large bank starts to advise the masses, I get suspicious they are about to front run the mkt somehow. A few years ago, when gold was at 1700/oz. Goldman Sachs was blasting the airwaves telling everyone that gold was headed to 2000/oz. and then it dropped 2 months later like a rock to where is is now, 1000/oz. Of course, the govts. and banks colluded to put naked shorts on gold and silver to suppress the price while the US devalued the dollar like mad.

Also, there was recently an interview with an ex Fed reserve guy named Fisher who admitted the Fed had been buying stocks to pump up the mkt and that PE/ ratios are at 19/1, without any top line growth, so that is the definition of a bubble.

The easy money has been flowing into stocks and real estate world wide, and driving the price of these things up beyond reason. Vast amounts of money has been circling the globe looking for return. That is now stopping. The stock market is due for a correction. Auto loans have been given out like candy and stock buybacks are no longer happening. All of this indicates a bad overhang ready to become an avalanche. Normally, it is prudent to pare back your investments substantially in these circumstances, but who knows what kind of stimulus the world's banks may come up with? I believe they are beyond reason and will try another attempt at inflating all the debt and recession away; until it all blows up in our faces. The guys who ran the ships aground--the Jaimie Diamonds and Lloyd Blankfeins--are still at the helm of even LARGER banks now. Also it is an ELECTION year. The dems don't want this thing to blow up before the election.