Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 05:39 PM
PotatoChip
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

Originally Posted by cardiomd View Post

Perhaps you're thinking of "shrink" - that is psychs, but "quacks" is usually incompetent doctors of any sort?

Actually MDs would welcome any perspective a career pilot could give about logistics and operations as it may relate to our field, and I'm friends with many career pilots in real life. You'd be very welcome at medical bulletin boards.

EMTs, nurses, and practitioners may offer very appreciated input too. I talk and work with them all the time and consider them valuable partners in medical care.

Note that most of the thin-skinned idiotic flamers are not actually "airline pilots". The mature ones like captainjns, N93., Packrat, captain carl, Potato, et. al. can actually have a conversation, debate, or discussion. Smarter, probably older, and more secure. Kudos!
I think you may be correct. It seems the term stems from the plague and the masks worn by the doctors of the time; at least that's what I read on the internets.

I'll certainly take the compliment, however I'm not sure I qualify for any of the three adjectives used. I have a decent grasp of the English language, have passed from bachelorhood into family man, and am secure insofar as I'll wear a salmon colored shirt, but that's about it.