Old 07-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Oldfreightdawg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: B-737

Originally Posted by FliFast View Post
Hi OFD,

When I saw the AA, American Airlines flAAg in your AAvatar and your statement about how only investment bAAnkers benefit from mergers, it brought me down memory lane about my AAirline's merger, TWA, with American Airlines.

I didn't particulary see anything earth shttering in the article, but am curious to see how USAir will do now that the labor contracts/seniority lists have set the playing field and to some the battlefield.

FF
How you doin'?

Looks like you're at Brown. Hope you are doing good. My guess is that you were involved in one of AAL's infamous "AAquisitions". Mergers are no doubt some of the worst things that can happen to an airline pilot seniority list. Let's just hope that Don Carty doesn't visit you at UPS.

I've known guys at the Piedmont-USAir merger, NWA-Republic, DAL-Western, CAL-People Express, United -Pan Am, TWA-OZARK, it all pretty much sucked. My point is that NO ONE benefits from mergers, except those I mentioned in the previous post.

USAir has some difficulties ahead of it. But I remember in 2003-2004 that no body believed USAir would be around (after it's second trip through BK). They are still here though...

Hope things are going good for you.