Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 12:17 PM
deadseal
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: systems analyst

Originally Posted by Dolphinflyer View Post
Sorry about my poor English skills, it's been 3+ decades since my last Freshman English class. It's also been almost the same length of time since my last CFI work. You're right, it is proper to call it a certificate. Just about every reference I've dealt with since then has been a "rating".

My bad. It gets a little confusing sometimes trying to pronounce "Kinston" and "Kingston" in the same trip, remembering that ORD APP freaks out over 10kt speed diffs unlike others, figuring out if Havana is 120.25, 124.55 or 123.7 each day and what a "Flat Rock" looks like compared to a "Sail Rock"

I admit, there was a little digging on the turkey post. I was wondering about someone's claim as a commercial pilot and what exactly that meant. MY background is GA and have seen many claim what they are not.

The turkey looked like a good crew meal if the flight was long enough for a oven cook
Don't worry dude, all the normal people understood what you were saying. He is just one of those literal folk that has to drive everyone around them nuts instead of just chillin out. Certificate? Rating? Who cares ffs