Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 03:17 PM
Timbo
Runs with scissors

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Going to hell in a bucket, but enjoying the ride .

Originally Posted by RhinoPherret View Post
In spending a lot time in so many different cities around the U.S., it is apparent there is no one state or city that really has a corner on the market of incapable, arrogant, rude, and clueless drivers. They seem to be spread equally across the board.
Parity has been achieved.
You might want to talk to any auto insurance company, they have the numbers to show where the worst drivers are. I know that when I moved from New Hampshire to Miami, my auto insurance rates TRIPPLED. I called my insurance company, USAA, to complain, thinking there must have been a mistake, no way could the rates go up 300%!

They said, "Nope, no mistake, you were in one of the best areas, but no you are now living in one of the WORST cities for accidents, uninsured drivers AND auto theft, so just send us the $900 and you're good..."

Then on almost every drive to/from work in MIA, I'd witness an auto accident caused by bad drivers changing lanes without signaling, cutting people off, hitting the brakes for no reason, usually in the passing lane, trying to go far left lane across 4 lanes to make an exit, and pulling lots of other stupid moves. In the rain it only got worse! Good thing it never snows in MIA.

In my previous 10 years of driving to work in BOS, in rain, snow and 'Boston Drivers' (known to be very aggressive) I never once witnessed an accident. I used to tell people, "Yeah, they are aggressive, but they know how to drive!"