View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 10:19 PM
bigD
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Default Flight Physical Question

Hello all, I am new to the forum but have been looking around and have already found some really good information and enjoyed reading some of the posts. But there is still one question I was wondering if someone could answer.

I currently have a four year degree and am working in the gas industry. When I went through college I tried the ROTC thing to get a pilot slot but was cut because of a hearing loss I have had all my life in one ear. I have looked over the AME page and looked into the hearing requirements for a class one and while I don't know if I could pass the tone test with the headphones I feel very confident I could pass either one of the other tests, someone standing 6 ft. behind you and talking or the verbal recognition test.

My question is this, when you get hired on to an airline do you go to one of their doctors or do you use your Class one that you got from your local AME?

I know everyone is gonna say go and try and pass your class 1 first before considering it. But I feel very confident that I can pass it and I am looking to schedule an appt. for my next set of days off. I just worry that I can pass the local one and then get nailed and stopped in my tracks when I go to an airline to get a job and lose out because I couldn't pass their physical.