View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 09:22 PM
md11phlyer
Gets Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Nordskog Industries Field Technician

[quote=Lambourne;205564]
Originally Posted by WatchThis! View Post
Sure ALL airlines have issues. However, UAL has been very fortunate to not have suffered a crew caused hull loss in many many years. I hope we can maintain that streak but tomorrow is always a new day. However, the rap that UAL has an inferior quality of airman versus the other carriers is absurd, especially coming from a FEDEX guy. All carriers have errors, it is the errors that progress to crashes that are the ones stick out like sore thumb. If you like to bash "chick" pilots, then how about the "chick" pilot from FedEx that put that trashed that MD11 in MEM? Bet she was a whiz on the radio.

If it is such a crappy job then why be disappointed in a rejection email? Would you rather they drag you out to DEN to fly a sim and sit in a hotel on your dime, or just say "no thanks" and move on to the next candidate? Perhaps we can get a singing telegram to pop by the house of those we reject and give them the bad news.

Consider there are only 100 posted vacancies and the computer rejects anyone that does not meet the mins then all of those that applied are qualified per the hiring mins which are significantly higher than they were at one time. So that would mean hiring 1 in 10 of those that apply.
My man, settle down. Let me explain the 'seriously' comment. I was in no way bashing the quality of airmen at United and would never question the proficiency of fellow airline professionals. I just found it entertaining that with the current situation with UAL's work rules, compensation, retirement, etc. that management would still think they could draw 'the best of the best' as applicants. If they want the best, maybe they should consider giving you guys back a little bit of what they've stolen.

Comparing accident records between FDX and UAL is apples and oranges. The system form and type of flying is totally different. But maybe you've never hub-turned in Asia with 3 typhoons lurking about...that's OK, I've never flown from Fresno to Bakersfield.