View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 08:28 AM
Kepi
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Default Sorry RadialGal

I apologize for the last sentences of my reply but they are meant for someone who is creeping on my posts and was, I believe, indirectly responsible for the crash. Thank you for the kind words. Yes, I told my son "You can do something very few people know how to do. You can fly an airplane. I am so proud of what you have accomplished"

Originally Posted by RadialGal View Post
Luckily, the plane went down in the woods and not in a populated area like 7704 LCW. Now that would have been poetic justice.
Please don't tell me you wish your son's plane had gone down in a populated area? That would be sick, wrong, and sad on so many levels. I GUARANTEE, as a professional pilot, your son would NEVER have wished that.

I still have to compare your blades to some of the comparative examples in my textbooks. Yet you seem so certain! Why? Three (3) of my friends and have recently been killed in simple accidents. Simple in the NTSB's "probable cause" at least. These folks could fly CIRCLES around me. They were artists of the air; I a meer Understudy. They were all stellar examples of the penultimate pro; with many times more hours than myself. TENS of thousands of hours in one instance. Yet they still died at their own hands. Pilot Error. So Hard to see, to admit.

Have you ever heard of Occam's Razor? Simply put; it states that the simplest answer is usually the right one. Until I compare your pictures to my textbooks and confer with Mechanic friends (I fly a PT-6 too BTW) I fear I still agree with the NTSB's finding of Spatial Disorientation. I will let you know more when I talk.

Best wishes Kepi, believe in your Son's passion for the air, his love of the heavens. Know that he died with his "boots on." I do not wish to do so myself, I hope to die an old lady in a rocking chair; but know that he lived the kind of life a fraction of the human population ever gets to know. He smelled the inside of a cloud, felt the crisp cool of a freshly landed wing, knew the delicious pull of the RAIL's on a long tired night; saw the stars in the way only the airborne know.

He lived a good life; however brief.

Best Wishes,
RadialGal[/QUOTE]