View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 06:45 AM
JackyW
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2016
Default Transition to Asia

Hello everyone,

First off, I'll give you guys a bit of my background. I was born in Thailand (Thai Citizen) and I am currently studying in the Aeronautical Management and Technology major here in the Arizona. I have recently received my commercial pilots license, AMEL and ASEL.

My plan is to apply for the airlines back home which does not have minimum hour requirements. The requirements are that you are a Thai citizen, hold a commercial certificate (250 min hours) and a received at least bachelor's degree before you can apply (This is for both Thai Air Asia and Thai Airways). The only requirement I need is my bachelor's degree which I am planning to graduate in approximately a year from now.

I was wondering what the transition process is from having been flying in the United States, finished all training here and then going straight there after my bachelor's degree to work for the airlines in Thailand. People I have talked to had told me that it's a very easy transition since Thailand utilizes the FAA as well, not like going to Europe and needing EASA license. If anyone have information or have been through this process/experience, I would greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank you in advance!