View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 08:40 AM
JackyW
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by NEDude View Post
I didn't do it, nor will I. But I am a little forgiving when it comes to Chinese pilots lack of professionalism. I agree, professionalism should not have geographical borders. It is not western pilots you should be preaching that to. But the ones you should be preaching it to will refuse to listen simply because of geographical borders.
To all responses so far, thanks for your feedback! My main purpose to go back to Thailand is mainly to gain flight hours for a couple of years to move up to better airlines such as ANA and maybe even come back to the states in the main airlines later on.

And regarding the professionalism with Asian pilots, I can't disagree with all the comments. I personally have experience with those pilots here in Arizona. The lack of english proficiency is absurd. Even though I'm an international student, my english is fluent since I've been living here from Thailand for over 10 years now. But for pilots being sent here to train (all of them are from China), language is always a problem at my airport. I've personally had a few close calls doing a holding pattern over a VOR and the other plane did not follow tower's instruction causing him to be flying at the same altitude in the same hold.

I don't really think professionalism comes with a geographical border though. There are just more "unprofessional" pilots in that region. I feel like its the culture that they live in. In the United States, airplanes are simply a form of transportation, in other countries (especially in Asia), its considered something very special. Not many people get a chance to be in an airplane, especially not flying one due to cost and poverty. So people tend to want to "show off" which can definitely rise safety concerns as well as showing lack of being a professional.