View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 04:35 PM
JackyW
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by uavking View Post
It looks like Nok will take Thai nationals with a commercial multi and a degree as 737-800/Q400/ATR FO per their website (You've already done your national service/are exempt, I take it?) I'd agree that THAI is in a rough patch, but that's not really anything new. Alot of their domestic and near regional flying is going to THAI Smile and Nok Air, though, so I'll bet that long term THAI just does long haul.

I guess the bigger question is why go back to Thailand to fly unless that's your only option? If you've got work rights here in the U.S., then to me that sounds like a better long term play. From a money and career progression standpoint, I think the U.S. market can't be beat right now. I say this as someone who could pick up a Thai passport through my mother and go work there.
As of my current visa status, Thai or anywhere in Asia is the best choice. Since I'll be graduating soon, applying for a green card and getting a US citizenship will definitely take too long. Right now, I'm trying to look for the best work opportunity available for myself that I could go straight in from university to the airlines.

Unfortunately the regionals in the United States does not apply for work visa for international pilots like the major airlines do or else I would've gone that route.

So if US is not an option for right now, what airline would you recommend that I could go work there right away without requiring 2000+ hours other than Thai and Air Asia?