Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 07:35 AM
be76flyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by orville View Post
Packrat,

You are correct in there is a fixed based simulator before the full-motion. And I would agree you should know your stuff before you get to the full-motion. However, what I was referring to, and obviously didn't communicate very well, was day one of the fixed sim you're expected to know everything; there is no real training, just evaluations. During ground when asked about CDU training the company response " don't worry, the instructors will teach you everything you need to know". That simply isn't true.

If the training is so good and the instructors are so willing to help, then how is it that majority of a recent class quit?

FL450 - You're the type, Hillary type, who attacks anyone who doesn't agree with you. Good Luck with that. And to reply to your future response - blah, blah, blah, blah.
I am no fan of Omni or FL450 but what he is saying is 100% right. 99.99% of the guys in Omni ground school have at least one type rating and have been in a ground school before. All FMC/CDU work about the same, you should have a general understanding day one of FTD. Also you have a month to a month and half form the start of ground school to the first FTD, you should be 90% on flows and 100% on imitations. It isn't that hard, sorry maybe this career isn't for everyone.