Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 10:51 AM
robxjt27
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013

Originally Posted by orville View Post
Packrat,

You are correct in there is a fixed based simulator before the full-motion. And I would agree you should know your stuff before you get to the full-motion. However, what I was referring to, and obviously didn't communicate very well, was day one of the fixed sim you're expected to know everything; there is no real training, just evaluations. During ground when asked about CDU training the company response " don't worry, the instructors will teach you everything you need to know". That simply isn't true.

If the training is so good and the instructors are so willing to help, then how is it that majority of a recent class quit?

FL450 - You're the type, Hillary type, who attacks anyone who doesn't agree with you. Good Luck with that. And to reply to your future response - blah, blah, blah, blah.
Not factual at all. I just went through a few months ago and none of our class had that experience. It is true that you are expected to have a good working knowledge of flows and procedures/profiles. But that is just chair flying in front of the paper trainer. My sim partner and I spent 2 weeks prior to FTDs going through that stuff. And while it all didn't click while we were doing it in practice beforehand, it all came together in the FTDs and Sims. That's a normal way of training. No airline wants to spend $$$ for valuable sim time walking you through a flow step by step. Have a rough knowledge, polish in the sim. It's pretty standard training practice.

I will say though that the people without any FMC experience did have a more challenging time. So previous FMC experience helps significantly.