View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 07:56 PM
BrownGirls YUM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post

Let's deal with the facts.
A couple of questions.

1. Is it a fact that FedEx will withold a hypothetical "tax" based on your federal, state and local obligation as if you were actually there?

2. Is it a fact that if the total burden to the US government and Hong Kong Governements combined is LESS than the hypothetical tax withheld, the company keeps the difference?

3. Given the facts that (a) Hong Kong tax is on the order of 17% and (b) that the company is allowed to apply the FEIE to that persons' federal obligation, and (c)that all the money paid to the Hong Kong govt in taxes is deductable or creditable to the US Federal obligation, that the norm rather than the exception would be a person having an actual burden lower than the hypothetical that the company withholds?

1 and 2 should be an easy answer here. 3 might take a little figuring, but again, where are the examples? The company only uses an example of a domicle that won't exist as someone who wouldn't benefit and a generality of "special situation" to describe the other people from whom they will be witholding money which should rightfully be in their pocket.

4. Isn't it a fact that passage of this LOA gives the pilots permission for the company to "keep the change" in regard to tax "equalization"?

I expect the company to use such convoluted tactics to confuse us and sway our vote. I'm disappointed that my Union seems to be doing the same thing.