View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 05:14 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Yow av8r View Post
I am in the early stages of the career but know that the career is not right for me.

I am just having trouble changing my career because it is hard to tell everyone especially my parents who paid for my training/schooling.

Part of my issue is I know that switching over to sales/business isn't going to be smooth. I sort of have a plan, but the issue is i need to stay at my parents home because i want to move back to my hometown with no money.

even without these problems i am sure people will ask why i am making the change with something i appear to be passionate about. truth is am not anymore.

any tips or personal experiences would help me out
Passions change over time.

You say your parents paid for you training and such. Yep...this happens when parents pay for a liberal arts degree and the young adult ends up working at 'The Gap' too.
None of these issues are specifically aviation field related - - they are life related.

You had a Plan A, you gave it a shot, it didn't work out for you, come up with a hopefully better Plan B and press on and don't look back.

Btw - the skills are still there even when you change jobs.
You can always put those skills back to use in recreational flying so the investment in a skill wouldn't be a total waste! You could join CAPT or volunteer for some Angel Flight type of mission to give back to the community/society; then your parents could look on their investment as a charitable donation.