View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 05:59 AM
CODs4ever
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by Yow av8r View Post
You might be joking but all those things suck; plus the other problems that werent mentioned. I have trouble explaining to people why, thats part of the reason I asked this question. I have trouble really deciding on one reason. however with every reason i see people judging me.

although i have trouble explaining it i will try...

Out of those reasons one of the strongest reasons is the proficiency checks. Early into the career, I have trouble remembering all the basics, nvm all the stuff i still need to learn. Honestly I just come to terms that I cant make it in this career. I am tired of people saying things like well you should never give up on your dreams, you can do it if you keep trying.

I love flying but as a career its too stressful for me. I realize every career has stress, however this type of stress is different. I respect everyone who loves this career and can do it.

Right now I am working at a company that even if i where to continue in this career I could not work at; even if i need the hours. My parents don't understand i cant fly while in these conditions just for the hours. I understand that its part of the career to pay your dues, fly under stress, fly well not happy. however i see it as unsafe practice, especially in my case. being sad and stressed leads to distracted flying. I don't want it now and i don't want to continue in the career if i am prone to being stressed at this level.

plus a bunch of stuff... i am going crazy but i have been thinking about this for long enough, and my decision to quit/take a break is final. no one is going to convince otherwise, but know people will try.
That is as good a reason as I have ever seen for changing jobs. You should do something else with your life and enjoy GA flying on the side. Flying as a profession is not for everyone. Good luck.